[Bash-completion-devel] Bump match_max for test suite?

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 17:03:22 UTC 2010

On 10:38, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
> Le 20/01/2010 22:27, Freddy Vulto a écrit :
>> What are your ideas on creating a constant test environment?  Would chroot be
>> useful?
> It seems a bit oversized, and requires root privileges morevoer. I was
> more thinking about abusing environment variables whenever possible,
> such as HOSTFILE each time hostname completion is used, for example. And
> sharing those tricks in generic fixtures, as you suggest.

Agreed: using `test/fixtures' is preferred.  The reason why the
ssh/scp/sftp tests are using the current user environment is because I
was unable to direct ssh/scp/sftp to `fixtures', but perhaps we should
try again...

For these and other cases, maybe we can make a subdirectory:

    test/fixtures/shared/

containing shared fixtures (and move `test/fixture1' there as well).

Freddy Vulto
http://fvue.nl