[Bash-completion-devel] TCL styleguide?

Crestez Dan Leonard cdleonard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:41:33 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 18:48 +0000, David Paleino wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit 6663709d7679cfbc770665dc01175ac65b6f5c6f
> Author: David Paleino <dapal at debian.org>
> Date:   Tue Feb 2 19:02:26 2010 +0100
>
>     docs: styleguide, establish line wrapping and $() instead of ``

What about some guidelines for TCL test code? I only found one style
guide floating around: http://wiki.tcl.tk/708 .

There are actually only two things that bug me:
1) Ending blocks with }; # if

I see no good reason for this; it's ugly and very easy to break on
modification. Ending with } is perfectly fine.

2) Comments that are indented more than the code. This makes code harder
to read; only control structures should affect indentation.

I otherwise love TCL's enforcement of kernel-style braces everywhere.