[Bash-completion-devel] #550590/#566683 affects Squeeze even though xen-tools has been removed from unstable

Axel Beckert abe at deuxchevaux.org
Mon Jan 25 23:57:24 UTC 2010

reopen 550590
reassign 550590 xen-tools,bash-completion
found 550590 bash-completion/1:1.1-1
found 550590 bash-completion/1:1.1-3
found 550590 xen-tools/3.9-4
found 550590 xen-tools/4.1-1
tag 550590 + squeeze
kthxbye

Hi,

as Goswin correctly stated, neither Marco, Jan nor me didn't take into
account that the bug #550590/#566683 ("bash-completion: file conflict
with xen-tools", "trying to overwrite '/etc/bash_completion.d/xm',
which is also in package xen-tools") affects the dist-upgrade from
Lenny to Squeeze even though xen-tools has been removed from unstable
and testing.

IMHO the best way to fix this bug for the dist-upgrade from Lenny to
Squeeze would be if the following headers would be added to
bash-completion:

Conflicts: xen-tools (<= 4.1-1)
Replaces: xen-tools (<= 4.1-1)

I though currently evaluate a reintroduction of xen-tools into
unstable (see http://bugs.debian.org/566714).

Since David Paleino writes in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=550590#16 that the
bash-completion version of that file is probably more complete, I will
take care that either the file is removed from further releases of
xen-tools or I'll coordinate further actions with the bash-completion
maintainers. (I will also look through the two versions of that file
to see if there's anything which should be merged.)

		Regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | abe at deuxchevaux.org  (Mail)
 X   See http://www.asciiribbon.org/              | abe at noone.org (Mail+Jabber)
/ \  I love long mails: http://email.is-not-s.ms/ | http://noone.org/abe/ (Web)