[Bash-completion-devel] Undo commit 00560a8 ("_filedir: bash > 4 ... $cur beginning with ' or not")

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Fri Mar 12 13:19:25 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 13:51:27, Freddy Vulto wrote:
> Hello David,

Hello,

> Commit 00560a8 ("_filedir: bash > 4 has the same behaviour regardless of
> $cur beginning with ' or not") is failing tests on bash-4.0 and 4.1:
>
> [..]
>
> In your example `_filedir' is run from the command line, causing this
> command:
>
>     compgen -f -X '!*.in' -- ''\'''\'''
>
> to fail.  I could modify `_quote_readline_by_ref()' to return empty
> string instead of '', but `compgen' is a peculiar thing and not really
> supposed to run from the command line.  Hence I can't reproduce your bug
> with an added test ("completing with filter '.e1' should show
> completions") and therefore I'll undo your commit in commit caaf588.

Ok.

> Or do you have a completion example where things go wrong?

I had one, this is why I did that commit. However, I can't exactly remember
what it was. I was in middle of my exams, so pardon my funny memory :/ (that's
also why it was buried in my repo, and hadn't been pushed before).

I'll report as soon as I see that happening again.

On a side note: maybe it's better if I avoid committing anything, for at least
some time. Seems like my last commits have been totally wrong, or maybe I've
been less careful than in the past.

Sadly,
David

--