[Bash-completion-devel] [Bash-completion-commits] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. c86b336769cdc025a63c13bf3448ce5d5019a563

Freddy Vulto fvulto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 22:15:49 UTC 2010

Comparing the logs, I can see your `expect' is matching chunks (i.e.
more than one letter at once) whereas my `expect' is comparing one
letter at a time.  This might be because I'm running the tests on a slow
machine.

This difference causes a match - for example "^1$" - to pass my
`expect', but to fail yours because it's receiving "^1/@$" before it
gets a chance to compare a "^1$".

I've changed this:

Function `assert_bash_list()' is expecting a newline terminated list,
whereas `_count_args()' erroneously returned NO newline, using an echo
-n.  This was of no problem on my machine, but nevertheless wrong and
probably causing the failures on your machine.  I removed the -n from
the echo.  Do the _count_args tests pass on your machine now?

If not, probably the prompt is included in the result ("^1\r\n/@$"),
before match_items() can match on ^1\r\n$.  If that's the case, the fix
might be to let `match_items()' also match on an (optional) subsequent
bash-prompt.