[Bash-completion-devel] Interesting problem with bash-completion

Adam Weinberger adamw at adamw.org
Mon Sep 20 20:28:41 UTC 2010

Dan -

Another committer is restoring the old bash-completion (due to the
shell freezing on amd64). It will live in
shells/bash-completion-classic. Once that port gets updated, give it a
try and see if it fixes your problem.

Create a new user and make a .bashrc that contains only

    source /usr/local/etc/bash_completion

and see if the problem persists. If it does, check for any odd
definitions in /etc/make.conf and /etc/profile. If the problem
disappears, you have something strange in your .bashrc.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at adamw.org