[Bash-completion-devel] Dynamic completion loader.

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Apr 7 20:16:55 UTC 2011

On 04/07/2011 10:46 PM, dpc at ucore.info wrote:

> without loosing any functionality (it seems).

AFAIK the -D argument to complete was introduced in bash 4.1 so I
believe pretty much all functionality would be lost for bash versions
older than that.

> The question is -- is there anyone interested in merging it with mainline?

Sometime something like that will most definitely be implemented, but at
the moment we're targeting bash >= 3.2.  When that "sometime" might be
depends on availability of developer/maintainer resources.  FWIW my
personal interest towards bash < 4.1 will decrease gradually this year
as the systems I work with get upgraded.  I'm not aware of other project
members' thoughts about this.