[Bash-completion-devel] Dynamic completion loader.

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 08:53:46 UTC 2011

Le 08/04/2011 10:02, David Paleino a écrit :
> So, for .deb-based systems, I believe it's ok. I'm missing info for the whole
> RPM-based world though. :)
When Debian stable has version X, it means everyone else aleady uses X +1 :)

More seriously, I guess the change only applies to the main
bash_completion script, not the individual completions functions
themselves. There should be a way to have a release with two different
loaders, one able to dynamically load completions, one using current system.

But if it makes code too complex, I have no problem dropping support for
versions < 4.1.
--
BOFH excuse #245:

The Borg tried to assimilate your system. Resistance is futile.