[Bash-completion-devel] errors in package

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Sat Jan 1 17:31:36 UTC 2011

On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:13:20 +0100, dOCtoR MADneSs wrote:

> First of all, thank you for your quick answer, but why do I still have
> this error ? I installed the package the first time in december 2010, is
> there a later version ?

That's because you're using a Debian "stable" version. This means that no new
packages appear in that version, once it's released. Not even bugfixes, unless
they're serious/critical/grave and, even then, only in a stable "point
release" (Lenny is 5.0, the latest point release is 5.0.7 IIRC).

As soon as you upgrade to the new stable (Squeeze) when it'll be released, you
will have a bash-completion upgrade too. Until then, you could just install
bash-completion from testing:

  http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/b/bash-completion/bash-completion_1.2-3_all.deb

Download it, and install it with "dpkg -i". It should be safe, unless you have
xen-tools 3.9-4+lenny1 installed, with which the new package conflicts. If you
have it, please upgrade it to 4.1-1~bpo50+1 from backports.

> Regards, and best wishes for this new year !

Thanks, you too!

David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino