[Bash-completion-devel] some patches

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Sat Jun 11 20:32:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 21:54:35 +0200, Raphaël wrote:

> So... you'll find:

Better, but I would've liked the brand-new completions to be posted as git
commits too :)

(also, those patches aren't handled by "git am", something wrong must've
happened. I work-arounded it with git apply+git commit)

> - a completion specific to the mysql client.

Added, with some minor modifications (in a couple of lines you used tabs
instead of four spaces), and with the usage of _parse_help instead of
hardcoding the options list.

> - a completion for the boinc client derived from upstream's wiki.

Uhm. The Debian package (boinc-client) installs it, and the source for 6.12.28
ships it too (I haven't checked the last one, but I suppose they didn't drop
it -- why would they?). I think other distributions install it as well.

I suggest you send this completion upstream to BOINC :), specifying the minimum
required version of bash-completion (maybe just a comment at the top of the
file is ok).

> - the patch previously mentioned about mplayer, options list and i18n

I'm not entirely sure about this. I don't understand why LC_LANG can't be
used -- but usually "LANG=C command" works everywhere. If it works, I'd prefer
this way, since otherwise we should hardcode every language mplayer is/will be
translated to :)

> - a patch for sitecopy which avoids a failure with grep in some case
> - a patch which adds lpr(1) and lpq(1) to the cups tools completions

Both applied.

Thanks for your contribution,
David

--