[Bash-completion-devel] cups

Igor Murzov e-mail at date.by
Sun Jun 19 17:16:23 UTC 2011

> I wanted to use send-email this time  but I realized I don't know git.
>
> I strongly believed that the following would format 1 patch only:
> $ git format-patch --stdout ee875cb29a26133f9dae0625b2369b8072ff9095 --
> completions/cups but it didn't (it is pushed in gitorious).

git format-patch actually takes a range of commits as an argument. Like this:

  git format-patch C1..C2

When you specify single commit `git format-patch C1` this is equivalent to:

  git format-patch C1..HEAD

So if you want to make the patch of single commit you can use following:

  git format-patch C1^..C1