[Bash-completion-devel] bash-completion loading enhancements

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Mar 12 10:15:24 UTC 2011

On 03/10/2011 03:48 PM, Raph wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 11:14:30PM +0100, dpc at ucore.info wrote:
>> If anybody is interested -- I think I've hacked some nice solution for
>> this. Seems to be working for me.
>>
>> http://ucore.info/en/2011/03/faster-bash-completion-loading/
>> https://github.com/dpc/bash_completion
>
> Hi,
>
> your commit (92d83fe2d6f6bd949446) is huge, thus difficult to
> understand.

It also uses "complete -D" which is a bash >= 4.1 thing; bash-completion
is currently targeted at bash >= 3.2.  We will at some point bump the
minimum requirement to a newer version, but there is no estimate when
that might happen, and until that things should continue to work without
significant regressions for all supported bash versions.