[Bash-completion-devel] bash-completion 1.90

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Thu Nov 3 11:28:03 UTC 2011

Hello everybody,
I just released bash-completion 1.90, a "preview" of bash-completion 2.0,
featuring (..drumroll..) dynamic loading of completions (thanks to Ville!).

The changes in this release from 1.3 are available at:

    http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/CHANGES-1.90

Please packagers, try to provide this version to your distribution users, so
that we can test it thoroughly and find as many bugs as possible before
releasing 2.0.

    http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/bash-completion-1.90.tar.bz2
    http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/bash-completion-1.90.tar.gz

It would be best if you could provide it in some "experimental" branch of your
distribution, allowing for some wide testing before uploading to the "stable"
branch (i.e. I'm going to upload this to Debian/experimental, and will wait for
some time before uploading it to Debian/unstable). In any case, it's your
choice, so do what you think is best for your users :)

Should I make a formal announce for this (blog post, and other places)? I'd say
no, it's probably better to wait for 2.0 final.

Thanks for all your work people,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino