[Bash-completion-devel] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 1.3-512-g9717124

Igor Murzov e-mail at date.by
Mon Nov 7 15:12:26 UTC 2011

I pushed new variant of the fix to the "service" branch. Can you look into it?

On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:44:38 +0200
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:

> I've eyeballed the xinetd.d part earlier too and I have a feeling that
> it shouldn't be used in this context anyway and that part should
> probably be just removed.  xinetd services are not to my knowledge
> managed by the same tools or used the same way as sysv init ones anyway.

I have nothing to say about this. Haven't used it at all.

> systemctl comes from systemd, but that part is very much optional and
> should stay there.  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd

There is no systemd in Slackware.

> > -    if [[ $1 == /etc?(/rc.d)/init.d/* ]]; then
> > +    if [[ $1 == /etc?(/rc.d)/init.d/* || \
> > +        ( $1 == /etc/rc.d/* && -f /etc/slackware-version ) ]]; then
> >
> > Is this better than "if [[ "$1" == /etc/@(rc.d|init.d)/* ]]; then" ? I think, this simpler condition will not break anything.
>
> It would then trigger for for example /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit on my system
> which would not be the right thing to do.  Not sure if it's a big deal
> though.

It is not necessary to install completions for all scripts in /etc/rc.d from "completions/service", but I think we should at least run "completions/service" for scripts in /etc/rc.d as well as for scripts in /etc/init.d.

-- Igor