[Bash-completion-devel] mount, umount completions

Raphaël Droz raphael.droz+floss at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 11:08:13 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 02:08:20AM +0300, Igor Murzov wrote:
> Hi, list.
>
> There are new linux-specific mount and umount completions in the mount
> branch. Please review and test. The new completions address Alioth
> bugs #313166, #313214 and #313437.

just gave a quick look and it seems awesome !

some tiny notes:

* smbclient  presence may be tested like done for showmount (or is
2>/dev/null enough ?)

* for umount I would rather strip device path from the list except if
  ^/dev/ is in the command line. (and only print non-system mount
  point ?)
* then $(lsblk -o MOUNTPOINT) may be useful

* There should be a way to test if we are completing a device (_filedir)
  or a mount point (_filedir -d) (at the end of the completion)

* why not dropping some short options from the list (like --fork and
-F), while still completing the argument for both form.

* the '--options' switch if beautiful :)

* very neat-picky: $ mount -t devtmpfs -o exec,context=string,<tab>
  (# yeah... $COMP_WORDBREAKS)

* is ' sshfs#HOST:RPATH PATH ' syntax in the scope of the device path
  completion within mount ? (so would be obex#, ... and a bunch of other
  fuse FS :) )

thank you !