[Bash-completion-devel] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 1.90-50-g834379e

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Nov 24 17:39:38 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 03:57 AM, Igor Murzov wrote:

> I wrote the code for that purpose. It finds an offset for the $words array at first and then translates found value to an offset for the $COMP_WORDS. Here it is:

Yeah, I suppose for valgrind it might work after all (even though the
code looks pretty scary); I must have confused it with something else.
Go ahead if you think this is worth the trouble and it doesn't break
anything.

> Probably the better way to go is to make _command_offset() work with $words rather then with $COMP_WORDS directly.

I'm convinced that _something_ should be done to _command_offset() -
it's too difficult to achieve that functionality currently.  Not exactly
sure whether it's the above, or if some more extensive changes (as said,
dunno exactly what) would produce even better results.