[Bash-completion-devel] Making _filedir's fallback to everything optional

Igor Murzov intergalactic.anonymous at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:28:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 23:39:03 +0300
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:

> I am going to make it (= the behavior introduced by the patch
> above) optional in git.  I also have a strong opinion that it should be
> off by default.  Other opinions?

Agree with this change.

> instead try to provide a mechanism with which users could
> override extensions _filedir looks at

To my mind, this behaviour going to be even more confusing than present one. Pressing wrong keys combinations on keyboard accidentally is quite common. I think that providing such an advanced feature will confuse a lot of people. And I don't see real advantages of this feature.

-- Igor