[Bash-completion-devel] lrzip: conflict - bash completion also in package bash-completion

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Sep 19 16:35:51 UTC 2011

On 09/19/2011 01:09 PM, Con Kolivas wrote:

> Thanks Jari. I don't mind that file being included int he bash completion
> package instead of lrzip itself. I simply was not aware of whose
> responsibility the completion file was. I'd like to tag and release a clean
> 0.608 version to avoid this problem on other distros too.

I wasn't aware of lrzip shipping its completion either.  There are
upsides and downsides to having completions shipped in corresponding
packages or bash-completion, but in my personal opinion, if done
properly, it's a bit better overall if they're in the corresponding
upstream packages.

Let us know how you intend to proceed with this; if you prefer to
continue shipping the completion with lrzip, I'll do what we usually do
in cases like this: deprecate the one in bash-completion, rename it with
an underscore prefix to avoid file level conflicts, and not install it
by default.