[Bash-completion-devel] lrzip: conflict - bash completion also in package bash-completion

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Sep 21 17:36:42 UTC 2011

On 09/20/2011 01:39 AM, Con Kolivas wrote:

> I'd much rather it stayed part of the bash completion package, but could
> you possibly use this new one instead

The one in lrzip seems to have some drawbacks over the one in
bash-completion and generally doesn't match bash-completion's style, so
I did not adopt it wholesale.  But -? and -p handling are now in
bash-completion git, the latter in somewhat more portable fashion than
in the one included with lrzip.

> since it appears more complete?

By the way this highlights the biggest benefit of having completions
upstream: they have a better chance of being up to date / complete with
the corresponding software than when they're in bash-completion.  (The
Fedora 14 version of lrzip I initially wrote the lrzip completion for
did not have the two above mentioned options.)