[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][312632] Proposal for cmake command bash completion.

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Mar 19 09:18:13 UTC 2012

Bugs item #312632, was changed at 27/07/2010 00:01 by Eric NOULARD
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=312632&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
There is no bash completion for the cmake (http://www.cmake.org) I propose one
attached to this bug report.

Comment By: Eric NOULARD (erk-guest)
Date: 19/03/2012 09:18

Message:
Sorry I have left some questoin unanswered.
I may maintain cmake completion.

I am participating to CMake development so that I currently maintain
the upstream version:
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob_plain;f=Docs/cmake-completion;hb=HEAD

>From my side it's easier to have it in cmake tree because I do some work in there more often. That said the upstream completion file is not installed by default so that user currently have to do it themselves so having it installed with bash-completion would certainly give better user experience.

And Igor is right the potential breakage with externally maintained completion...

For now I'll merge Igor improvment into upstream version

Comment By: Igor Murzov (garik-guest)
Date: 17/03/2012 23:25

Message:
I did new improved completions for cmake, cpack and ctest. They are available in the cmake branch: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/cmake

Can we add them to the bash-completion? Or it's better to send them to cmake maintainers?

Comment By: Igor Murzov (garik-guest)