[Bash-completion-devel] There is no way to permanently disable completion for a single

Raphaël raphael.droz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:35:53 UTC 2013

what about completion interruption.
A way to interrupt the completion process would be nice.

The only way that I know to stop a slow completion (dpkg, ssh, gdb,
...) is to hit Ctrl-C, what looses the line.
Having a kind-of "Ctrl-g" to interrupt the completion process and keep
the line as-is could be an option isn't ?
Or alternatively bash-completion could trap the Ctrl-C signal from bash
(untested).