[Bash-completion-devel] quoting of completions / chaining of completions

Timo Weingärtner timo at tiwe.de
Fri Jul 12 09:58:23 UTC 2013

Hi,

I want to provide a bash completion for my project[1].

The completion for the first command (ssh-agent-filter) is quite simple: long
and short options, some taking values. To retrieve the completion values I run
a command which outputs one value per line. I solved the problem with the
colons in the key fingerprints, but how do I have to quote stuff that can
contain anything?

The second command (afssh) is a wrapper script which takes two sets of
arguments, separated by --. The arguments before the -- are completed as
for ssh-agent-filter; I just call its completion function there.

The arguments after the (first) -- shall be completed as if the command was
"ssh -A". I tried using _ssh, but this only works if completion has already
been attempted for ssh. Furthermore option completion does not work as for
ssh.

The current state of my completion is attached.

Can you give me some pointers?

Greetings
Timo

[1] https://github.com/tiwe-de/ssh-agent-filter