[Bash-completion-devel] How to build the autocompletion from git repo?

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jun 3 10:03:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 1:49 AM, Igor Murzov
<intergalactic.anonymous at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 17:07:34 +0300
>>
>> "autoreconf -i" is a good first try with just about any project using autotools.
>
> Not everyone knows how to use autotools, so I would agree that
> having autogen.sh is a good idea, even if it contains only
> one line :)

I have no idea why someone who doesn't know autotools or what (s)he's
doing after cloning a standardly set up repository for an open source
project would know what to do when finding a script by that name, or
why he would look for a script in the first place. Some kind of a
short mention in README's INSTALLATION section would sound better to
me, but... meh.