[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][314720] "set -o posix" in test/config/bashrc breaks bash-valid code.

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Mon Jun 9 19:22:42 UTC 2014

bash-completion-Bugs item #314720, was opened at 09/06/2014 21:22 by Dams Nadé
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=314720&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
#314716, I've submitted a function with a <() construction. While this is valid bash syntax, it cannot be parsed by bash if posix mode is enabled.

I would say "set -o posix" plays against the "Use the full power of bash >= 4.1" statement from the README file, CONTRIBUTING section.

Since a lot of bash completion code is not POSIX compliant ([[, arrays, extglob, etc....), I would suggest *disabling* posix mode in the test suite bashrc configuration file.