[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][314713] man completion is not failglob complaint

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Tue Jun 10 17:21:47 UTC 2014

bash-completion-Bugs item #314713 was changed at 10/06/2014 19:21 by Dams Nadé
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=314713&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
The man completion is not failglob compliant because it relies on way too much on glob patterns stored in parameters (which is not meant to be used that way).

The attached patch propose ls-free nullglob-based more robust implementation.

Comment By: Dams Nadé (anvil-guest)
Date: 10/06/2014 19:21

Message:
Hm, be careful, the last change of the patch is bad. $mansect should not be quoted. It's a pattern, and meant to be used unquoted inside [[ ]].

Sorry about that.

Comment By: Igor Murzov (garik-guest)
Date: 10/06/2014 00:23

Message:
I can confirm that the patch fixes test failures for me :)