[Bash-completion-devel] Improvements and bug fixes for "make" completion - plus help needed with the test suite

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Apr 19 13:05:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Tristan Wibberley
<tristan.wibberley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Secondly, please would you have a look at the bundle and consider applying
> it?.

I started looking into it. For me this is the first time I've come
across git bundles and I must say that for contributions like this I
find the format-patch/send-email approach which is documented in our
README *much* preferrable. Could you please follow that in the future?

Anyway, about the first commit. I looked into what make produces off
the modified Makefile, but it did not add any whitespace to any "#
Files" or "# Not a target" lines, but I do see more than one space in
the "# File is an intermediate prerequisite" line. Could you clarify
what the two first modifications are for, i.e. do you have a case
where make produces output that would require these adjustments?

The variable patch seems innocent enough, I've applied it.

That's as far as I got for now.