[locales] request for new locale

Kevin Bortis wermut at gmail.com
Mon May 26 05:56:31 UTC 2008

I would like to request a new locale. The form could be something like
"gsw_CH at wallissertitsch" or gsw at wallissertitsch if the Country code CH
is not needed. The language is a highest Alemannic dialect spoken in
the South of Switzerland, in the German speaking part of the Canton of
Wallis. It's a variant of gsw.

gsw is the 3 letter language code of ISO 639-2 Swiss German; Alemannic; Alsatian

I need the locale, because I want to translate some applications from
launchpad.net. I have tried the past 2 years to get a valid ISO Code
in the upcoming ISO 639-3 List for this dialect, but to date I had no
luck.

Regards and Thanks

Kevin