[Blend-fluxbox-devel] On with the show...

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed Dec 30 04:54:35 UTC 2015

Quoting Stephan Foley (2015-12-30 10:04:01)
> OK, since I am project leader and grand master of ceremonies here,
> I've decided the first order of the day is to get the wiki in order.
> Then, at least we know where we are going.

:-)

> Additionally, I am going to start sending a few emails out to try and
> get more people involved. Especially, I want someone who is good at
> packaging.

To me, mking a blend is mainly about putting together a composition of
Debian.  I am looking forward to your wiki updates, and hope those will
enlighten us on why you envision a need for new/changed Debian packages.

> Lastly, I would like to first thank Jonas for starting this up, and
> then ask him to clearly define his involvement in this project and
> what his expectations are from me.

I am experienced in Debian packaging, and in composing blends - with a
special interest in lightweight desktops (and servers, but that is yet
lesser explored).  I dived into this blend specifically with the hope of
exploring even more lightweight desktops than Xfce which I used as basis
for most blending work.  I expect Steve to bring experience in actually
using Fluxbox and some sensible surrounding helper tools, and imagine
that I can chip in with my knowledge and experience in automating
package selections and configurations, and aid in navigating the maze
that is Debian - e.g. where and how to most sensible file bugreport, and
how to try convince fellow developers to collaborate even if perhaps not
particularly interested in Fluxbox or our blend.

 - Jonas