[Blend-fluxbox-devel] VSIDO users encouraged to join the Debian Pure Blend of Fluxbox

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 04:14:54 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting VastOne (2015-12-30 21:24:59)
>> Hello, I am Terry Ganus aka VastOne developer of VSIDO, a debian SID
>> distro that uses FluxBox solely as it's desktop
>>
>> I have encouraged all VSIDO users to be a part of this mail list/group
>>
>> http://vsido.org/index.php?topic=1102.msg12352#msg12352
>
> Wauw, great!  Thanks for your support, and welcome to Debian Fluxbox!
>
> Looking forward to work with you all!

Hello Terry and thank you for dropping by! I will second Jonas' "wow"
and say I love your nick...VastOne. I think you need to have a vast
understanding to grasp something so intricate as Debian development.

Let me make quick introductions all around. Jonas I consider the owner
of this project and the man with the keys to the kingdom, so to speak.
He is a long time Debian developer with an interest in thin clients
and light weight window managers. I think this is geared towards
education and, especially developing countries, but he should describe
it more to us. Also he is an expert Debian blend maker.

For myself, Jonas calls me a power user with a vision, so I will go
with that! I have a good grasp of putting together a nice
Debian/Fluxbox install on my own box, but almost no experience in the
Debian environment. So my main contribution will be, to start, to just
list out all the packages and configurations to get a good system
running.

And, for Jonas, I will mention that not only is VastOne the main
driver of vsido.org, but he was also a developer with the legendary
and, alas, now defunct Cruchbang...the mother ship of nice, clean,
cool distros (with no bouncing icons, I might mention!).

Thanks so much, Terry, for dropping by, and also for posting on your
board about us. I will drop over there and sign up to say thanks again
:-)