[Blend-fluxbox-devel] General questions - Issues (was: Re: Wiki update)

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Jan 1 05:19:00 UTC 2016

Quoting Erik Josefsson (2015-12-31 18:47:56)
> Hello everybody!

Hi Erik.  Welcome to the Fluxbox Blend list!

> On 31/12/15 11:46, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Can we try avoid gksu altogether for now - or are you certain it is
>> really needed?  If need is for udevil to work, then maybe udiskie
>> (just entered unstable few days ago) is a better alternative.

For the record: The "better" in above is use of PolicyKit instead of
full su-to-root.  But that may turn out to have other and more severe
and/or more difficult to resolve issues.

> I have a general question about the selection of alternatives.
>
> Jonas, you mentioned in an early thread that there are "thousands of
> issues to address in Debian"[1].
>
> Would a "lightweight blend" like the fluxbox blend mean that it aims
> to be "lightweight" also in terms of classes of issues (among the
> thousands) that are more or less difficult to resolve?

Possibly "lightweight" (as in fewer lines of code) means less and simple
issues.  Possibly "more popular" or "older" (as in better tested) rates
better for those qualities.  Or maybe "newer" (as in written with more
experience on the ossues to steer free from) rates better.

 - Jonas