[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Current status?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon May 2 00:30:31 UTC 2016

Hi Ozi,

Quoting Ozi Traveller (2016-05-01 23:13:36)
> I've been building a pure debian fluxbox for a few years now. I use
> live-build to create the images. It's is fairly small with a select
> number of applications.
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/linnix/files/star-livinia-fb-64-2016APR23.iso

Wauw! Thanks for sharing.

Do I understand correctly that Livinia is roughly created like this?:

  1) Create a live-build system
  2) Add diy-debian
  3) Create Livinia from the debian+live-build+diy-debian system

It would be quite interesting to try adopt as much as possible from
above live-build based project into this Debian Pure Blend¹ project.

Some things - like inclusion of non-free parts by default, or the
storage optimizations using squashfs, cannot be integrated with Debian,
but package selections, menu compositions, localizations and more can.

What is needed next is not coding, but a) exploring Livinia, b)
comparing it with a plain Debian system, c) document how they differ, d)
try break differences into as small as possible chunks, and e) try
isolate the files (preferrably source but binary parts also helpful) for
each chunk.

Anyone wants to help with that?

Regards,

 - Jonas

¹ Please note that a Debian Pure Blend is different from creating a
derived work based purely on Debian:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends#PureBlend