[Bootcd-user] Re: bootcdmkinitrd and scsi

azajac@vif.com azajac@vif.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:12:09 -0500

Ok so the script didn't work.  What was happening is that scsi emulation was
enabled by the initrd and that was how it was working.  That is why I still had
to enter the kernel parameters to find root.

I fixed a few things in the script after I found that pivot_root was giving me
an error.  I had not been noticing this.  My usage of pivot_root was incorrect
it now looks like:

mount $s /cdrom
cd /cdrom
pivot_root . old

(no backslash before old...)

Anyway, now that that is working I always get a kernel panic.  My kernel does
not use devfs and I guess that I do not have all the devices I need.  I get

/dev2/root2 special device not found

Should I umount a few things before pivot_root or should I add device nodes to
my cdrom tree?  I don't know where to go from here...

AZ.