[Bootcd-user] A Different RAM Disk Approach + Using Mozilla Firefox

Thomas Krennwallner djmaecki@ull.at
Fri, 04 Jun 2004 10:24:41 +0200

--=-=-=

Hi!

Vlado Plaga <news@vlado-do.de> writes:

> But as I know only little about shell programming or the Linux boot
> process, I feel not in a position to make such heavy modifications to
> bootcd myself. So I hope someone else will do it one day.

Thanks for your suggestions but we are aware of the ramdisk hassle. The
ramdisk approach is used because it's portable between all kernel
versions. Maybe there should be config option or an on-the-fly test for
used ram-based filesystem.

So long
Thomas

--
 .''`.  Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around. - W. R. Stevens
: :'  : Thomas Krennwallner <djmaecki at ull dot at>

--=-=-=

--=-=-=--