[Bootcd-user] bootcd hangs at boot time

Mark Clarkson Bootcd-user <bootcd-user@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 14:28:33 +0100

Hi Rubikz,

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Rubikz wrote:

> I can increase the ramdisk_size parameter since I have 768 MB RAM.
> I can also add some directories/files to NOT_TO_RAM.

Don't forget that two ramdisks will be created the same size at
boot time. HOME will live on ram1, and VAR on ram2.

(I've never considered using such large ramdisks)

> So, are you sure the follow error could be fixed ?
>
> mount_devfs_fs(): unable to mount devfs, err: - 2

I doubt this error would be fixed. Use DEVFS=no to start with so
it will boot then we only have one problem to deal with.

Cheers
Mark.