[Bootcd-user] bash-prompt problem

christian graf chr.graf@gmx.de
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 21:36:38 +0200

Hi Mark, Hi Thomas,

I'm now using a 2.6.6 kernel with frame-buffer device enabled and its
working fine.

I have reloaded the non-working kernel and the results are as follows
(working on console directly, no ssh):
echo $PS1
# \h\w\$

echo $TERM
linux

I added user bob and did su - bob. Its still not working

I started the ssh from a xterm. I tried additional a ssh from console
and this is working fine too. The problem only occurs when working
directy from local console.

As it is working fine now with framebuffer enabled, its not hurting to
much. However I'm still interested in the problems solution and will
answer all questions you will give me as next :)

changed config for framebuffer
> CONFIG_FB=y
> CONFIG_FB_VGA16=y
> CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT=y