[Bootcd-user] /dev/hda

Simon Guerrero simon at guerrero.net
Thu Oct 6 20:17:26 UTC 2005

Hi

I've created a live cd with bootcd (great package!) which works fine on
qemu and on my pc (both by choosing hdc as the boot option).

However, the target system I need to use it on has the cdrom on
/dev/hda. But when I pick hda it says "not found". I've checked my
bootcdwrite.conf and the CDDEV line is

CDDEV="/dev/hda /dev/hdb /dev/hdc /dev/hdd /dev/scd0 /dev/scd1"

I can't use auto because I've got no initrd - I understand I need an
initial rd to use auto?

And one more problem - X won't start because it says 'device not found'.
The image was built within a Qemu session which I think emulates a
Cirrus Logic card. Is it simply a matter of me installing drivers for
the target system on the Qemu session before I create the iso?

Thanks for any help you guys can give!

Simon