[Bootcd-user] bootcd hangs with bootsplash patch of kernel 2.6.17

Jahanzaib Sarfaraz jahanzu1 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 12:19:29 UTC 2006

Hello,

  Guys i m stuck in a problem which i have searched alot with no success. I would highly appreciate if someone can help me out .Here is the senario,,,

  I m using bootcd and bootcdmkinitrd scripts to create live cd with installer (bootcd2disk) . With my kernel 2.6.17 from kernel.org it all works good. I compiled the kernel on my base install . Create initrd img from mkinitrd . Then run bootcdmkinitrd to make it usuable with bootcd scripts. Create the image and it works fine.

  But when i patched the same kernel source with bootsplash patch things go wrong way. Now bootsplash is working on my system but when i create cd via bootcdwrite and boot with this cd it gives followin error....

  initrd-tools: 0.1.84.1
  mount: Mounting devfs on devfs failed: No such device

  And after that everything mounts as read-only and system hangs out with not write access.

  every package is downloaded vai debian repositories via apt-get.

  Can can anyone helps me out how to get rid of this problem.

  Thanks