[Bootcd-user] Removing INITRD from BOOT CD image

Kushal Koolwal kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 9 19:56:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

First of all I would like to say that I simply love the Boot CD package. It is an excellent program and I have been using it for over 2 years now.

I am using Debian etch (stable) with Debian Stock Kernel 2.6.24-4 along with bootcd 3.0. I don't use initrd/initramfs to boot my regular Debian system. I want to make by BOOT CD system also free from initrd. But whenever I comment the INITRD line in the bootcdwrite.conf and build a BOOT CD image I get a Kernel Panic error. If I use an initrd image (after installing bootcdmkinitrd) I can boot my BOOT CD image just fine.

How can I make my BOOT CD image free from initrd?

I have attached my bootcdwrite.conf file and my Kernel conf file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://evolvingminds.wordpress.com/