[Bootcd-user] Unable to boot from USB CD-ROM

Kushal Koolwal kushalkoolwal at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 19:51:06 UTC 2008

					Hello,

I love the bootcd package and I have been using it since last couple of years and I cannot do without it.

I am unable to boot from a USB CD-ROM with the ISO file created by bootcd. My specs are:

Debian 4.0

Kernel 2.6.24

bootcd version: 3.00

I am using bootcd-mkinitramfs also. My Debian system recognizes the USB-CD ROM as /dev/scd0 which is a symlink to /dev/sr0.

I am able to boot fine from a regular IDE CD-ROM.
Kushal Koolwal

I do blog at http://evolvingminds.wordpress.com/