[Bootcd-user] is it possible to install a custom initramfs USB bootable system?

Todd Robinson todd at webpath.net
Sat Feb 21 20:05:01 UTC 2009

I'm not sure why you would need to remove the USB Flash Drive. If your
not adverse to leaving it plugged in these solutions already exist:

If you are determined to copy into RAM then it would be much easier to
use a Live persistent Slackware variation such as GoblinX, Zenwalk Live,
GUFI, Slax which can load into RAM and maintains the ability to save
changes on a USB drive:
http://www.slax.org - or you can roll your own using the Linux Lived
Scripts (http://www.linux-live.org).

On the Debian side, I'm still working on getting 5.0 to work with a
persistent loop file on a USB Flash drive (hopefully I'll get a chance
to play with it this coming week). However, I have had great success
with Ubuntu updated editions:
http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/products_id/648

I hope this helps,
Todd