RFC: (mail to d-devel) Help us make bts-link a better tool

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Jan 16 21:55:16 UTC 2009

I'd like to send the text below to d-devel: what do you think about it?

Hello,
as you might have seen (if you use the forwarded BTS feature) we have
a tool, called bts-link that help us track upstream bugs situation,
tagging Debian bugs accordingly.

In recent executions, we noticed that some errors comes out during
bts-link run. The log is available at [1]: please take the time to
give it a look, search for your packages and check the situation.
There are errors in that log that might be ok, but other can refer to
broken links, no more active BTSes or any other possible situation.

They are not useful to you (because we can't track upstream) neither
to Debian (because slow down bts-link run, forces more access to BTSes
that can decide to blacklist us).

In addiction, please check the configuration files at [2] and point us
to any other BTSes that may be of interest.

And of course, patches are welcome (git repo at [3]).

[1] http://people.debian.org/~morph/bts-link_log_2009-01-16
[2] http://git.debian.org/?p=bts-link/bts-link.git;a=blob;f=btslink.cfg;hb=HEAD
[3] git://git.debian.org/git/bts-link/bts-link.git

Thanks,
<<<

Something is missing/needs to be remove? comments?

Cheers,