Help bts-link be a more effective tool

Bastien ROUCARIES roucaries.bastien at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 09:50:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle at debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (roucaries.bastien at gmail.com):
>> On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Sandro Tosi <morph at debian.org> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>>
>> > If you feel something is missing, should be fixed or enhanced, let
>> > us[4] know; of course, patches are welcome ;) (git repo at [5]).
>>
>> I really useful stuff will be to use user tag in order to crossref
>> another distrib bugzilla. For instance some bug are fixed on redhat
>> like #506180 but not upstream.
>> It will allow to automatize retrieval of information.
>

> Apparently, Launchpad has something like this, which is, for instance,
> used to reference bugs also reported in Debian. We found this fairly
> useful, recently, for Samba.

Yes it is useful :)

> However, such feature should probably be included in the BTS itself
> (new tag or something).

Yes it will need I suppose cooperation from BTS itself but in a second
time. We need only two user tags by foreign distrib:
bts-link-foreign-xref-$distrib set to the foregin bugzilla entry
bts-link-foreign-status-$distrib  magically set by bts-link

In a second time BTS interface could provide link near the forwarded
link with status in other distrib (with a nice icon describing status)

We will need also a means to put in the package describtion link to
other distrib bugzilla, and we ease to remove duplicate entry :)

Regards

Bastien

PS: do not trim cc please