Reusing bts-link with Mantis as backend

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Thu May 28 13:23:20 UTC 2009

Le mardi 05 mai 2009 à 18:42 +0200, Olivier Berger a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> FYI, I drafted a description of an ongoing project that we want to
> realize :
> http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2009/04/10/extending-bts-link-beyond-debbugs-starting-with-mantis/
>
> Our goal is to try and "extend" / reuse bts-link for its use on top of a
> Mantis bugtracker instead of a/the Debbugs bugtracker.
>
> I hope this could help improving bts-link, by diminishing its dependency
> on debbugs and rendering it more versatile.

FYI, there would be some impact on mantis, to add some "forwarded-to
like" property to the bugs, which would be a new feature, as currently,
mantis doesn't have a way to specify that, unless by adding a URL in a
comment of the bug.

We have drafted this new feature proposal for mantis in
http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?id=10543

Also, in between, to be able to work over a regular mantis, without the
aforementioned feature, I'm thinking of adding a feature to bts-link, to
be able to act on any bugtracker instead of debbugs, by using some
special RFC822-like tags embedded in the comments/notes added to the
bug's discussion, which I've drafted here :
https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web/ForwardedToInMantisComments

Of course that would render bts-link much too verbose for the
bugtrackers' users, but would diminish the need of adding new plugins on
those bugtrackers.

Any comments welcome, of course.

Best regards,
--