github OAuth authentication need ?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Mon Nov 23 16:31:19 UTC 2015

OK, found it : https://developer.github.com/v3/#rate-limiting

>> I'd like to make the token configurable in the yaml file (and possibly
>> document its generation) but I'm in doubt about its actuall need.
>
> it's not different than all the other auth methods we use in the other btses

Well, they might as well move to the config file if needed ;-)

>> In any case something should be done to either regenerate a token or
>> make rid of it in the running instance of the code on sonntag :-/
>
> nope the token must be there, and cannot be regenerated easily (you
> have to do the github webpage and blabla)

Yes, I think the easiest way is under :
https://github.com/settings/tokens/new probably selecting the most
minimal set of permissions... not sure about which, exactly.

>> Thanks in advance, and sorry for the mess we might have caused.
>
> please have your students change that token, and please change it also
> in the code you run yourself. that would also apply to the other btses
> requiring authentication. only the bts on debian machines should use
> those login/pwd (yeah ok they are stored publicly, that doesnt mean
> the real bts needs to suffer from other tests if the user we use got
> banned/limited/suspended/etc)

Right.

I'll do and tell my students.

Also, I'll check whether there's a proper documentation on how to
regenerate a token, possibly programmatically.

Also, for tests, I guess caching would be interesting. I'll try and
check if that could be achieved with minimal effort.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8