Support for merge requests on salsa.d.o

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Feb 20 17:20:21 UTC 2018

>> shouldnt this be better addressed by some mechanism in salsa (like a
>> webhook, similar to how a tag is marked as pending via commit if the magic
>> "Closes: #nnnnnn" is in d/changelog)?
>

> This exists already:
> https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/webhook/blob/master/plugins/tagpending.rb
>
> The problem with this approach is that the "Closes: #nnn" statement must be
> in the commit message and, hence, to be known in advance before preparing
> the merge request.

at some point there will be a bug in the BTS and the merge request
will need to be updated to close it (either by adding a new commit,
rebasing the current ones, etc) so the salsa will receive this update
and the webhook can tagpending the bug.

> At any rate, you are right, Salsa is a Debian service and it would be
> preferable to develop an BTS integration service on it instead than in
> bts-link.

if what salsa doesnt satisfy you enough, i would suggest to open an
issue at https://salsa.debian.org/salsa/support/issues (example of
some wehbooks are at
https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/877esvj33h.fsf@delenn.ganneff.de).

i would prefer to keep the scope of bts-link as announced: "bts-link
brings the remote BTSes (Bug Tracking Systems) to our Debian BTS (aka
debbugs)"

Regards,

--
Sandro "morph" Tosi