[Bts-webui-devel] No access to "Admin" link Interface anymore (under root at localhost)

Jean-Yves CLAUSTRE gerance jyclau at cobalt.ccc.cea.fr
Tue Jun 24 10:21:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

I am running OTRS 2.0.4 (2.0.4p01-18 version) on a Debian Etch Release.

Initially, I could access the the Web-Admin functionality, being logged
under "root at localhost" account,
but since a few days (following some testing with Sub-menu creation in
QUEUES I guess);

I *cannot access the WEB-ADMIN area anymore*.

The simple reason is that when I log under root, the "Admin" link is not
shown in the navbar of the agent interface.

_Nota1 _: I've checked a lot of config files, and that seems ok
(Config.pm, defaults.pm, etc..) but the trouble is remaining.
          (You can see the place where the button should be placed, but
the button is not displayed anymore).

_Nota2_:   If I click on the message asking to create a new
administrator, I am receiving the error message "No Permission to use
this front end module!"
              (However, the Nav Bar is authorized in Config.pm).

This troubles seems to be correlated to some conflicts between otrs
rights with the Database (admin rights for this
particular administrator do not seem granted anymore.

- Could somebody give me some hints on this trouble ?
  (If I am sending this question to the wrong mailing list, could you
please then me who I should then contact).

- Is there more recent distribution I could update with ?

Best Regards.
/Jena-Yves CLAUSTRE