[Build-common-hackers] Bug#649151: Bug#649151: found 649151 in 0.4.93
dr at jones.dk
Sat Mar 3 12:28:11 UTC 2012
On 12-03-03 at 10:48am, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> This bug originates from a commit , I could not find any
> mentioned reason for it.
> 1: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/cdbs.git;a=commit;h=6b0828d3925098f6f0baf83cc798413066f544df
Thanks for poking at this!
Official CDBS documentation was quite outdated, and unofficial
documentation was getting behind too.
When then (at sprint in Cambridge last spring) it came to my attention
that compilation of the documentation as part of the main package caused
a circular build-dependency (due to ghostscript using CDBS, and doctools
using Ghostscript), I dropped it.
Latest discussion about the issue is here:
I am main developer of CDBS these days, and I am lousy at doing
documentation in general. I therefore want it to at least be easy to
do, and to me docbook is not easy.
My idea is to...
1. Convert the official documentation to (Pandoc flavor of) Markdown
2. Convert and merge in the unofficial documentation
3. Convert translations of unofficial documentation using po4a
4. Update with recent changes to CDBS
5. Release as a separate cdbs-doc source package
I don't know how fast this can be done. I disagree about the severity
of this bugreport, just annoyed by the bug-pingpong. I may downgrade it
if it stalls too much other more important changes from entering
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the Build-common-hackers