[Build-common-hackers] Bug#724281: Bug#724281: cdbs: license check a lot of time results in an error
dr at jones.dk
Mon Feb 3 21:56:52 UTC 2014
Quoting IOhannes m zmoelnig (2014-02-03 17:18:52)
> after a suggestion from jonas that it might be related to locales, i tried
> running the licensecheck with the following locales:
Right, that is one issue. More specifically it is LC_COLLATE (i.e. the
sorting order). Danish "aa" sorts _after_ z as it it an old way of
expressing a different character å (a-ring), the last character in
> for testing i chose the cdbs package itself (cdbs-0.4.123, currently
> UNRELEASED, commit 512bff6636ad09a).
> i first set the locales (both LC_ALL and LANG),
Setting LANG should not be needed. Most correct would be to set only
LC_COLLATE - and if you want "belt and suspenders" approach, then set
all three. See "man setlocale" for priority of those variables.
> then ran the following command
> twice, storing the generated debian/copyright_newhints:
> $ DEB_MAINTAINER_MODE=yes dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
I believe running twice should be relevant only if the package is broken
and doesn't clean properly. If that's the case then examining the
actual dirt accumulated is relevant.
> the resulting files (and the output of `locale` for each locale) can
> be found in the attachment.
> as you can see, i got 6 different copyright_newhints :-(
Looking at the output I suspect some place in the code _lacks_ sorting
(as opposed to sorting language-dependent). I believe the recent update
to Perl 5.18 introduced some deliberate randomization of hashing
algorithms (for security reasons, to circumvent predictability) which
may play a role in how I didn't notice this issue when I wrote the code.
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 966 bytes
More information about the Build-common-hackers