[Buildd-tools-devel] Releasing 0.35

Michael Banck mbanck@debian.org
Thu, 31 Mar 2005 02:31:53 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:03:59AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Another thing we could do is remove the $maintainer_name variable from
> the exsample .sbuilrc, as it usually is not desired for people building
> packages manually.  I'll do that tomorrow if nobody objects, same for a
> 0.35 upload - I can do that.

I committed this patch:

-# Maintainer name to use in .changes files (mandatory, no default!)
+# Name to use as override in .changes files for the Maintainer: field.
 #$maintainer_name="Roman Hodek <Roman.Hodek\@informatik.uni-erlangen.de>";
-$maintainer_name="";

-# Uploader name to use in .changes for the current upload.
-# It overrides $maintainer_name, but it's optional.
+# Name to use as override in .changes file for the Changed-By: field.
 #$uploader_name="Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org>";

It removes the empty $maintainer_name and the "mandatory!" bit and
clarifies that $maintainer_name overrides Maintainer: in .changes, while
$uploader_name overrides Changed-By:

(at least it does for me, $key-id has no effect here)

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer