[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot 0.2.2 released

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Tue Feb 7 00:08:18 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I've released schroot 0.2.1 and 0.2.2.  These fix a few minor issues
with 0.2.0, and there are a few cleanups as well.  From the NEWS file:

* Major changes in 0.2.2:
  1) Session metadata is now correctly saved and restored.

  2) New option "--config" to dump chroot configuration, in the same
     manner as "--info".  This is useful to test if the configuration
     you put in schroot.conf is what schroot is actually parsing.

  3) Session-managed chroot types ("file" and "lvm-snapshot") now run
     setup and session scripts by default.  It was previously disabled
     for all chroot types for safety reasons.  It's considered safe
     for these types due to their ephemeral nature.

* Major changes in 0.2.1:
  1) Creating a session now returns a zero exit status on success.

The full list of changes is detailed in the changelog.  I won't list
all 280 lines of changes here, however ;-)

At this point, schroot now has all the features I need, and after the
rewrite in C++, is looking pretty solid.  Other than filling out the
unit tests, and possibly adding a couple different chroot types (copy
onto tmpfs, unpack file onto tmpfs, unionfs, for example) it's done,
bar any bugs we find.

Regards,
Roger

--